It isn’t news that the festivities and anticipation surrounding the upcoming Super Bowl XLVIII is followed none other by the advertising creative that will be airing during the Super Bowl! What follows closely behind these 2 most in virality, however, is the social media activity that is expected to blow up during this annual sporting event. Among these and those who were surveyed, 61% declared that they would share the ads on social media. 41.2% said that they would be active on social media before, during, and after the game. 55.8% of these users planned to share content primarily on Facebook. This event is anticipated to be the most sociable Super Bowl of all time!
What other facts contribute to making this the most sociable Super Bowl of all time?
- 93% of viewers will discuss ads with their peers
- 61% of viewers will share ads on social media
- 1 in 4 viewers will likely post about Super Bowl ads on social media before the game
- 37.6% of viewers will look up Super Bowl ads before the game
- 67.4% of viewers will likely post about Super Bowl ads on social media during the game
- 65.3% of viewers will likely post about Super Bowl ads on social media after the game
- 62.2% of viewers will re-watch ads after the Super Bowl
So, as you can see – the emerging trends in marketing and advertising during the Super Bowl has taken a major turn towards a more sociable strategy. It isn’t enough that people can watch an ad in between watching the game; they will want to watch them before, during, and after the game as well. Given that these brands are successful in getting a message across, they might even gain some new followers on social networks.
Have you ever shared ads in social media before? Come back after the game and let us know which Super Bowl ads were your favourites?