Creative Respect: I wish I had thought of that
Peer to peer recognition is the most flattering of flattery. There is no greater compliment than those uttered by peers.
Being creative is not owned. Although not all people will agree with this, I believe it’s a talent that is given to each an everyone of us, although it is exercised in different ways. I believe that problem solving is at the core of any creative process to find a solution. That being said, a scientist, mathematician, physician, musician, artist, painter, writer and the list goes on, are all creative. The difference is the outside perception of what is deemed to be understandability creative.
In my world, all forms of communication interest me. Being naturally curious and in business, it is both my nature and business to view intently all ads, blogs, campaigns, contests, programs that I come across. I must say, with the advent of the internet, the exposure to creative talent, ideas, concepts, designs and campaigns is astounding. There are so many creative people in the world! More and more often, there are times, upon viewing a design, ad or video, I say, “Wow…I wish I’d thought of that!” Not in envy, but in real humble respect for the thought process that resulted in such a concept.
When viewing this list, please think of ‘creative’ as a concept, a campaign, a TV spot, billboard, digital campaign, video, an ad…
- The creative must respect the brand: delivering on its promise and persona.
- The creative must uplift the brand on its shoulders, so to speak…elevating it rather than over-shadowing it.
- The creative must be emotive so that the brand emotionally connects with its intended target.
- The creative must deliver the message whether it’s rejuvenating a brand, inciting trial, or simply building awareness.
- The creative must be simple.
Here are a few examples of what I really think are powerful creatives that capture all of the above:
- An oldie but goodie: Kelloggs, ‘Taste them again for the first time’
- Diamond shaped Shreddies
- Windsor gourmet grinders
- Apple: Get a Mac
- Dove: Real Beauty
- Nike: Just do it
Do you have awesome creative that you would like to share with me? I would love to see! #CreativeRespect #SharedWisdom
Author: Miriam Hara
No comments yet